Friday, October 05, 2007

I Wanna be a Loser!
Hello Fellow Bloggers...One of my biggest daily struggles is the one the I tend to think of the least, and that's my weight. Infact, I think it's one not many of us think of. Growing up, I was always the "skinny kid" of the family. I was so skinny, that my family came up with the nickname, "Gordo" which means fat in spanish, and I grew up with that nickname. Imagine the irony! I started to put on weight at the age of 12 and just grew more and more from there. I have had plenty of times when I told myself, "That's it. I'm gonna lose the weight". That, however, was the problem. I would only tell myself, and a few close family members, so I didn't really feel the pressure to lose it.

On Tuesday morning, I was catching up on the usual blog posts I like reading and found a very motivating one on Pastor Brian Vasil's Blog. As many of you know, he put himself on a strict diet recently and is seeing the fruits of his hard work.His determination and perseverance has really inspired me to do the same. So I will be joining the Brian Vasil Weight Loss Program and like him, I am making it public. I must admit that this wasn't an easy post to do, and I wasn't gonna do it. I figured, "nah..I can do it alone". But the truth is, I CAN'T. I will need everyone's help. If you have any tips or suggestions feel free to comment me or email me at lopez.rc@gmail.com and if anyone sees me eating something I shouldn't, feel free to swat it out of my hand. But the greatest way you can help, is just by keeping me in prayers. I am not hoping this works. I know this will work because I not only have you guys backing me up, but I have Jesus Christ on my team. I will be posting my weight every week on the naked scale on the sidebar (---->) and trying to log my progress regularly. I guess you can say this is my way of "Getting Naked"


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll back u up bro!

Heather Palacios said...

Oh Robert...that was a great post. And even better than revealing this to us...is knowing its already been revealed to Him, and HE will accompany you on your journey, to your victory.

Danisa said...

Hey Robert! I found you! Listen, with the weight thing, remember, ONE DAY AT A TIME. Commit your day and eating to the only one who can give you the focus and strength and go about using whichever method works for YOU. You are so cute anyway :)

LiZ the MiZ said...

I'll be your motivator!!!!!!!!!

Jeffrey D said...

Good Luck man. I'll give you all the help you need. Rossana knows all the diet secrets..The trick is no sugar, no bread , just fruits , vegs and lean meat..No meals after 6 at night and never miss breakfast. I know I am at my lowest weight in many many years. I lost almost ten pounds Keep the faith.
Your brother in Christ

Jeffrey D

by Troy Gramling said...

You are the man ... God is all over your life ... keep taking big steps ...

by Troy Gramling said...

You are the man ... God is all over your life ... keep taking big steps ...