Friday, January 25, 2008

Winter Camp Re-Cap


Hello Fellow Bloggers...

Sorry for disappearing for a while but it's been pretty hectic around here lately. As most of you know, I came back from Winter Camp this week. I must say it was an awesome experience. I got the opportunity to go as a leader and helped in the tech area, PLUS I got to lead worship one of the nights due to Duce spraining an ankle. It was an awesome weekend full of skiing, worship, and life changing moments. I even got to witness one of the guys from my room make the decision to follow Christ (that was so freaking cool). As far as the skiing went, I must admit that after 2 days of "trying" to ski, I got pretty stinking good. The first day I did terribly, however the second day I did much better and managed to only plow down about 4 or 5 people. Oh yea and it was 10 degrees outside (not including the windchill factor on the way down the mountain). The second day we went skiing, I went down the mountain once and when I got to the bottom of the mountain, my face was literally numb so I went inside and bought a ski mask (it really did help). Actually, a funny thing worth mentioning (or not so funny) was that while I was on the slopes, every time I would see a paramedic van driving to the lodge or ski patrol people carrying a body in a stretcher down the mountain it was an FRC person every single time. I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING!!! We had a total of 5 people go to the emergency room in 2 days. I'm not sure if this is totally accurate, but I believe we had 1 person with strep throat, 2 sprained limbs, 1 concussion, and some other bad injuries. Maybe the slopes are just not for us Floridians. Read more about it here.



2 comments:

rachelb said...

loving the snowgear roberto!

Heather Palacios said...

I love your blog, man. Stay with us @ FRC---by your spirit, your talent and your loyalties. Appreciate you, man.